This beginning of October is marked, as often, by several changes in the daily life of the French. From wallet to work to animal adoption, a short review of everything that changes this Saturday.
End of 100% reimbursement for teleconsultation
It is a derogatory measure which had been put in place in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. But the time for whatever it takes is well and truly over. As of October 1, teleconsultation medical appointments will no longer be 100% reimbursed by Health Insurance. But they will always be up to the reimbursement provided for a classic physical consultation, that is to say 70%. The remaining 30% (and any excess fees) will be your responsibility, or that of your mutual insurance company.
Increase in the ceiling for meal vouchers
As announced at the end of July by the government, the daily ceiling for meal vouchers will drop from 1 October from 19 to 25 euros. At the end of the first confinement in 2020, the ceiling for the use of these means of payment had been doubled to reach 38 euros, and its conditions of use had been relaxed – they were accepted even on weekends and public holidays. – to support the activity of restaurants hard hit by restrictions linked to the Covid-19 pandemic.
On July 1, this daily usage ceiling was reduced to 19 euros and meal vouchers could no longer be used on weekends and public holidays. Conditions of use that remain in force despite the raising of the ceiling.
A “commitment certificate” for the adoption of an animal
Application of one of the measures of the law “aiming to fight against animal abuse and to strengthen the bond between animals and humans”, promulgated in November 2021, people wishing to adopt an animal are now required to sign a certificate of “commitment and knowledge”. This concerns adoptions of dogs, cats or rabbits, whether they take place in a pet store, a breeding farm, a shelter or between individuals. The measure also applies to horses in the context of non-professional adoption.
The document, which varies according to the type of animal concerned, details its needs – in terms of food, education or veterinary follow-up – and specifies that it is indeed a “long-term commitment” and a “thoughtful act”.
Deduction of charges for overtime
This is one of the other measures taken this summer to protect purchasing power. As of October 1, overtime worked by employees will give rise to a flat-rate deduction of employer contributions. This is also the case for the days of rest which they give up. This new law concerns companies with 20 to 250 employees.
Increase in wear rate
The maximum legal mortgage rate – also known as the usury rate – will increase on October 1 from 2.57% to 3.05% for a loan of 20 years or more, the Banque de France announced in the middle of week. This rate, intended to protect consumers, caps all the costs of a home loan: credit rate charged by the bank, any brokers’ commission, borrower insurance.
According to professionals in the sector, a wear rate of 3% makes it possible to resolve the vast majority of blocking situations in recent weeks. But it also has the effect of making new mortgages more expensive for individuals.
Payment of workers’ fuel allowance
This time it is not a change in the literal sense, but this October 1st marks the payment of the workers’ fuel allowance. According to the government, 11 million households are affected by this measure which was announced during the summer. This bonus can be received by civil servants, employees, apprentices and self-employed persons who need their car to work and whose reference tax income must not exceed 14,100 euros per share.
The prevention passport
This Saturday also marks the implementation of the prevention passport, a provision of the health law of August 2, 2021. It will allow, like the training passport, to collect all the certificates, certificates and diplomas obtained by the employee in terms of health and security at work. Job seekers can also benefit from it. If the employee authorizes it, this passport can be consulted by the employer, as part of the monitoring of training related to health and safety.
Increase in compensation for volunteer firefighters
While they have been particularly hard hit by the very numerous fires of the summer, the volunteer firefighters will see their compensation increased from this October 1st. For the rank of “sapper”, the remuneration increases from 8.08 euros net to 8.36 euros net per hour, an increase of 3.5%. Corporals will receive 8.97 euros, non-commissioned officers 10.13 euros and officers 12.58 euros net per hour.
Added to this is the payment of a “loyalty and recognition benefit” the amount of which was set, in September, at 512 euros for at least 20 years of service.